RIKEN-Taiwan National Science Council Workshop on Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing
Date: November 18, 2011
Place: C6F Seminar Room, RIKEN Kobe Institute
- 9:30-9:40: Kenji Oeda (Executive Director of RIKEN) "Welcome Address".
- 9:40-9:50: Ching-Fong Chang (National Science Council Deputy Minister) "Opening Address".
- 10:00-10:20: Hideo Yokota, "Towards Advanced Quantitative Biology using Image Processing Techniques".
- 10:20-10:40: Yasuyoshi Watanabe, "PET Molecular Imaging Science for Medical Innovation".
- 10:40-11:00: Yoshiki Sasai, "Self-organization of neural patterns and structures in 3D culture of ES cells".
- 11:20-11:40: Shigeo Hayashi, "Imaging and quantitative approaches or the study of epithelial morphogenesis in Drosophila".
- 11:40-12:00: Ching-Wei Wang, "Automated Morphological Classification and Quantification of Microscopic Images".
- 12:00-12:20: Shin Yoshizawa, "Feature-Preserving Noise Reduction of Biomedical Images".
- 13:40-14:00: Chung-Chih Lin, "An automated image analysis system discovers mitochondrial morphological features specific to a natural compound that induces Parkinson diseases".
- 14:00-14:20: Yuh-Show Tsai, "Automated Classification of Vesicle Movement by use of Dynamic Numerical Parameters".
- 14:20-14:40: Yu-Tai Ching, "Bio-Images Analysis Our Experiences with Confocal/Two-Photon Images and Synchrotron X-ray Images".
- 15:00-15:20: Yung-Nien Sun, "Color-Based Segmentation for the Automated Estimation of Oral Cancer Parameters".
- 15:20-15:40: Huihua Kenny Chiang, "A New Medical Image Device Development Based on Thermal Image Dynamics of Ocular Surface Temperature for Dry Eyes Screening".
- 15:40-16:00: Ruey-Feng Chang, "Computer-aided Diagnosis for Breast 2D/3D/Automated Ultrasound and MRI".
- 16:20-16:40: Shuichi Onami, "Quantitative cell division dynamics information collections of RNAi-treated C. elegans embryos".
- 16:40-17:00: Shu Takagi, "Toward the multiscale human body simulation using the medical image data".
- 17:00-17:10: Huihua Kenny Chiang (Prof. of National Yang Ming Univ.), "Closing Address".
- Akitake Makinouchi (Director of Advanced Technology Support Division, ASI, RIKEN), "Workshop Dinner Address".
- Poster and Software Demonstration:
- Satoko Takemoto, "Performance Evaluation System for Intracellular Image Segmentation".
- Takashi Ijiri, "Contour-based interface for refining volume segmentation".
- Masaomi Nishimura, "VCAT5: Biomedical Image Processing Platform".
Co-organized by RIKEN and Taiwan National Science Council
- Workshop General Chairs: Kenji Oeda, Ching-Fong Chang, and Akitake Makinouchi.
- Program Chairs: Hideo Yokota and Huihua Kenny Chiang.
- Local Organizers: Yasuyoshi Watanabe, Yoshiki Sasai, and Shigeo Hayashi.
- Coordinators: M.-D. Tsai, N.Maeda, S. Takemoto, S. Yoshizawa, T. Ijiri, N. Masaomi, Y. Tsujimura, M.-H.Tsou, J. Suzuki, S. Saruki, and K. Kase.
- Bio-Research Infrastructure Construction Team, RIKEN: brict-contact[_at_]riken.jp
(C) 2008~ Bio-research Infrastructure Construction Team, VCAD, RIKEN, Japan. All rights reserved.